Dedicated, hardworking, and intelligent employees are one of the major reasons behind the success of the organization. Hardworking and intelligent employees listen to their organizational goals carefully and put their dedication to achieve those goals. Without such employees, it will be nearly impossible for an organization to achieve its targets, no matter how strong and good plans an organization makes, to make the successful execution of such plans an organization would need good employees. Therefore, an organization needs to select and recruit hardworking, deserving, and intelligent employees, it should not only recruit based on the marks of the candidate. The hiring of employees by an organization is not an easy task, it is a very complex task and in the case of hiring a coder, it is even more difficult.
The COVID-19 pandemic has made it even more complex. Organizations are not able to conduct interviews at their places as coronavirus prevention requires social distancing. In this scenario, organizations are conducting online interviews for hiring valuable programmers or developers who can bring or add to the success of the organizations. To conduct interviews online for a coder or developer, or any other employee, it is very important to use an appropriate online coding interview tool. Online interview tools will help in making the online interview easier and simple. It will help in identifying the talents of the candidates. Using an online interview tool has many benefits.
The following are the benefits of using an online interview tool:
- The first benefit of using an online interview tool is, it will help in reducing the burden on the shoulders of the administration of the organization. The whole analysis of data collected related to the interview of the candidates is done by the online interview tool, in this way it reduces the burden of the administration.
- It helps an organization to assess the abilities and intelligence of the coder beyond as mentioned in their CVs. Good academic marks or scores do not guarantee the abilities or intelligence of a coder or developer, marks are not a relevant basis to assess the same. The online interview tool helps in assessing the abilities and intelligence of the candidates giving interviews.
- This tool provides a modern approach in taking the interviews of the coder. Earlier, in an interview, coders and programmers were given a pen and paper or whiteboard to write the coding and algorithms they were not asked to solve a coding problem on devices. They were only asked to write the coding on a white page or board. But in the modern interview approach, the candidates are given a coding problem and solve it on a computing device with their programming and coding abilities and intelligence. As technology is growing and becoming affordable, the demand for the coder and programmers is also increasing. Using whiteboards to take the interview of a coder has become irrelevant.
- With the help of the online coding interview tool, it has become easier to assess the real abilities of the coders or developers, or programmers. These tools help an employer to assess the rare skill set of the coder, his problem-solving abilities, collaboration level, and the level of analytical thinking. These tools also help in assessing their abilities to handle different and technical situations and also their attitude toward learning and challenging situations.
All the points mentioned above are the benefits of using online interview tools for coders recruitment. It follows a small process for conducting online interviews.
The following is the process for conducting online and live interview:
- In the first step, the interviewer defines the job and the requirements of the available job role. After defining the job role and its requirements the interviewer sets the questions to be asked during the interview to assess the core competencies and abilities of the candidate. Also, a written test might be taken from the candidates.
- In the second step, the decisions regarding the date, time, location, language, and many other relevant things are made. It is very important to select an appropriate language for the seamless execution of the interview process.
- If the organization has a suitable online coding interview tool, it will help the execution of the interview process in a more structured way, a more effective, and data-driven manner. Therefore, in this step, an organization needs to select an appropriate online interview tool.
- In the final step, the data collected during the interview shall be analysed by the interviews or the managers. All the data shall be presented at one dashboard to make a data-based selection decision.
The points mentioned above show the steps followed in the online coder interview. There are a few things that should be considered while selecting an online coding interview tool.
The following are the things that should be considered while selecting an online coding interview tool:
- Will the selected online interview tool help in selecting the candidates who are to be interviewed. This will help in decreasing the number of interviews to be taken.
- Does the selected tool has a range of varieties of tests to be used to assess the abilities and intelligence of the candidates? If yes, it will make the interview process less complex.
- Is it suitable for the existing system of your organization? If yes then it should be selected, otherwise, if it requires making changes in the organizational system structure then it is not a wise choice.
- Does it have inbuilt chat and audio functions? If yes then it should be selected, otherwise, if not then it should not be selected.
All the points mentioned above should be considered while selecting an online interview tool. If these things should be considered or followed, then it will result in selecting a non-effective online coding interview tool that will not make the online interview process easier but more complex. The all the money and efforts spent on such tools will go in vain. Therefore, it is very important to consider the things mentioned above. You can consult a firm or company or an expert dealing with these tools, consulting them will make it easier for you to select an appropriate interview tool.