The mode of communication in almost every big city, as well as a small town, has been hugely impacted since the introduction of the e-Rickshaw. This eco-friendly vehicle does not use any type of fossil fuels. The battery rickshaw is not harmful to the environment. Moreover, it is quite affordable than any other fueled mode of the vehicle. As a result, the popularity of this transport is increasing day by day.
On the other hand, the battery of the rickshaw is the main concern for the owner as of the performance of the vehicle completely depends on it. If they do not care about it properly, it cannot last for more than 6 months. The most used version of the battery is the lead one that does not efficient enough to take the load and vibration during the working condition. The lead battery needs improvement in terms of sustaining competition with the Li-ion battery that comes up with better performance.
If you take proper care of the battery, then the lead one can last 2 to 3 years without any trouble and the Li-ion battery can run the rickshaw 5 to 6 years efficiently.
Check out the steps that you have to follow to extend the life and enhance the performance of your Battery Rickshaw.
• During the operation of the rickshaw, the battery gets heated up. To ensure safety, you have to check the space is well ventilated. If it has a proper space of air ventilation, then the heat of the space will be reduced that results in less water topping requirements. It will keep your battery cool and work for long hours.
• After you install the battery, you have to use it on a regular basis. It is important for the battery to run daily to discharge it completely before recharging. If you are not using it then you should recharge and discharge the battery once every month.
• In case, you find any problem with the battery, then you should replace it as soon as possible. Otherwise, you may find it difficult if the battery goes dead in the middle of a journey. To avoid it, you need to check the condition of the battery frequently. The terminals of the battery are the most important factors that you need to look after frequently in case you drive on the rough roads on a regular basis.
• The water level of the Battery Rickshaw should be maintained properly. The level of the water should be between the minimum and maximum levels as the water should not cross any of the levels. Make sure, you are using the distilled water only to enhance the performance and protect the battery from any harmful effect.
• When you stop the battery and exit from it; you need to turn off the light, music and other functionalities that are run by the battery. Along with that, keep in mind that you should not keep the battery idle for a long time as it can harm the battery and it may die down soon.
• Always use a dry cloth to clean the battery as the wet cloth is harmful to it. Use petroleum jelly as the lubricant and never use grease for it.