Running a business and understanding its processes gives special advantages to new managers and those who simply want to understand the nuances of entrepreneurship. It is important to understand the features of the organizational structure of the company, as well as the main functions of the firm’s organizational structure, to understand the forms and schemes of management of a manufacturing or industrial enterprise because this is the very basis that provides the basis for the entire managerial functionality of the organization.
What it is?
In essence, it is such a model based on which you can find out how management decisions are made, who is its true leader. In other words, it is a kind of coherent structural concept that brings together a group of people performing certain functions under the direction of the manager. It resembles a user’s manual, explaining how everything is built, and how this fine-tuned system works, without any outside interference. It allows understanding the features of functioning, as well as to understand in what direction the development is going. A laid-out model is a tool that allows you to exclude disagreements and form the order of making simple and complex decisions. For example, do you know what happens if you forget to file one of the two w2 forms? Or forget to file taxes? If you forget about the organizational structures, problems in the enterprise are also not avoided.
Why do you need it?
There are different types of the internal organizational management structure of production or firm, which is defined in the form of a diagram and reflects the internal shape of the company. Many people do not understand why it is necessary to adhere to such a division, but there are several reasons for this. Let us consider them in more detail:
- The formation of the system, regardless of the subspecies of association, the number of participants involved and involved in the process, is still inevitable. Therefore it makes sense to intelligently draw up everything, rather than let things drift on their own.
- A clear understanding of the direction in which the organization is constantly moving. A clear, concise, structured system makes it easy to avoid conflicts over disagreements.
- The cohesion of participants in a single group with common plans, interests, and movement vector. Such a team acquires its distinctive features and characteristics, which distinguishes it from any other.
The structure and its components depend on who its participants are, what goals it is capable of achieving, and how far it has progressed in its development. Regardless of individual choice, its main parts will remain the same:
- Management. In simple words, it is called the vertical of power, which goes from the head to the subordinates, that is, to the performers. This implies a clear structure, which makes it clear when, who should report to whom, and whose directives to carry out.
- Centralization. Such an element clarifies whose responsibility it is to make responsible decisions in the organization of this or that situation.
- Area of control. In other words, the same can be called the limit of responsibility. It determines the maximum number (of workers) that a manager can (is capable of) managing, without losing his productivity at the same time.
- Specialization. Another extremely important element that determines the breakdown of jobs and positions. In essence, it is the usual division of labor.
- Formalization. The subitem is commonly considered to be decisive for the functioning of the company, it shows the level at which all the tasks and work of the employee are managed by predetermined mechanisms and norms. At the same time, subordinates perceive it the same in all cases, regardless of who exactly is in a managerial position.
Principles of construction
First of all, the specifics of this or that organization, types and kinds of goods (products) or services produced or offered, the general nature of its activity should be taken into account. For this purpose, the most effective system must be developed, debugged, and tested, which is distinguished by principles:
- Intra-organizational activities should be cyclical and not interrupted. Then there will be no need for constant refinements, the creation of new types of manipulations, and everything has been streamlined as much as possible.
- A clear balance between hierarchical separation and flexibility in making important decisions must necessarily be respected. The one that is actively formed can indeed adapt quickly to achieve different goals, self-organization, have flexibility.
- The channels that are used to transmit directives should be as short as possible.
- The distribution of spheres of responsibility implies taking into account the manipulations that are made.