Russia is known as one of the largest countries in the world. More than one-eighth of the land covered. This is a sovereign state in Northern Eurasia known as the Russian Federation. It is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. Today, Russia is one of the popular destinations for students who want to pursue their higher education in medicine. The standard of teaching in Russian medical universities is very high at a very low price. The government of Russia puts a lot of effort into the development of universities to maintain their standards. Russia is proud to boast to have 30 universities of the top 100 medical universities by WHO in the list “Directory of world medical schools”.
Eligibility for MBBS in Russia – Here, we are providing a few listing of Eligibility criteria to take admission in MBBS in Russia that an aspirant needs to fulfill. Let see one by one what they are:
- The student must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December for the particular year
- 50% marks in 10th class
- 50% marks in 12th class with physics, chemistry, and biology
- NEET Qualified
- Passport copy with a digital photograph
MBBS in Russia Fee Structure
The Screening Test Regulations 2002 have developed The FMGE Screening Test. If the aspirant is desirous to get provisional or permanent registration with the medical council of India or any State Medical council will have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority. The medical school has to be a listed university in the WHO directory of medical schools.
Benefits of pursuing MBBS Degree in Russia – Now, most of the aspirants are being attracted to take admission in MBBS. Here, some of the reasons that are being listed below are as follows:
- All the Russian medical universities are recognized by MCI, WHO and other international authorities
- The admission process is simple and quick
- No entrance test is required to pursue MBBS in Russia
- No Donations
- Scholarships are available for students
- Students can work part-time to bear some of the other expenses
- The cost of living and MBBS in Russia for Indian student’s fee structure is very low and affordable.
- Many Russian medical universities are featured in the top-ranked universities list of the world
- The medical universities in Russia are affiliated with good hospital equipment and tertiary care.
Benefits for Indian students
- Russia’s low-cost study, combined with its standard education system, makes the prospect of studying MBBS in Russia for Indian students more appealing.
- The tuition fees in many Russian medical universities and low and so is the cost of living.
- Accommodation becomes one common factor for an Indian student in a foreign country. A very good accommodation facility is available in Russia. Rooms are provided with all the necessary furniture. Kitchens are also available, where the student can prepare their food.
- The cost of living in Russia for a student depends on their lifestyle which may vary between1 lac to 2 lacs per year.
Below are some of the MCI approved Medical colleges in Russia for MBBS study
- Altai State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Belgorod State University
- Syktyvkar State University
- Orel State University, Medical Institute
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Tver State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Orel State University Medical University
Below are some of the top 10 list of medical colleges in Russia for Indian Students
- Mari State University: The University became an active member of the Russian Association of Classical University. Modern infrastructure and technology are available in the classrooms and labs to make it a world-class university.
- Perm State Medical University: Best medical college in Russia for Indian students. It plays an important role in contributing towards the development of Higher education standards which includes more than 40 labs, 150 rooms, 11 different buildings within the premises. A good facility for hostel accommodation is available.
- Orenburg State Medical University: With the facility of more than 1000 academicians and 1800 support staff members, Orenburg State medical university has established a niche. Many well-distinguished members in the field of medicine are a part of the Alumni network of OSMU.
- Tver State Medical University: TSMU has proved to be an asset to the scientific advancements in the field of medicine over the past 70 years of its existence. TSMU is known for its one of the largest medical, scientific, research and education centers in the country. It has been proved, that students from almost 50 different countries have completed their education from TSMU and have excelled in their domain.
- Siberian State Medical University: Recognized for its highly reputed education center for the outside world. Many accomplished doctors in various parts of the world belong to SSMU.
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University: Established Independent Medical institute in 1930. Opening for the faculties for overseas admission in 1992. NNSMU holds 7th position in the overall ranking of 46 Medical Institutions of Higher education in Russia.
- Moscow State University: Considered as one of the oldest universities in Russia and functions as a non-profit educational institution in Moscow.
- Saint Petersburg Medical University: Moe than 700 qualified staff members. Imparts quality education to a diversified group of students every year.
- Kursk State Medical University: Features in the top 10 Russian Medical colleges. Degrees offered are endorsed by UNESCO & WHO.
- Crimea State Medical University: Recognized as one of the top Russian Medical University, attracting a lot of Indian students to gain quality education if the field of a medical study.
Conclusion – Students graduating MBBS from the medical universities of Russia, are working in the leading hospitals of the world. Russian universities are the most advanced, as it provides an upper level of education in the world as every institute is well equipped with efficient and controlled teaching methods. As known, at present around 5000 Indian students study MBBS in the MCI approved colleges in Russia. So, if you intend to provide a good direction to your career that aspirant must consider taking admission in MBBS in Russia.