Are you looking for some interesting facts about the USA? Talking about the USA, it is one of the richest and most prominent countries in the world. It will be interesting to know about some facts about the country. So, let’s get started.
1. The government owns around 80 percent of land in Nevada
Major portion of the land in Nevada is owned by the US government. As per the report, the lands are reserved to be used for forests, wildlife refuges, national parks and more. The lands cover deserts, mining areas, mountains ranges and ranches.
2. Americans eat 100 acres of pizza everyday
As per a recent study, most of the Americans are now eating pizzas instead of burgers. Pizza becomes the favourite fast food in the US. Around 100 acres of Pizza are served per day. People are found more satisfied with Pizza instead of burgers.
3. American inventions
America is the house of some famous inventors who have invented a lot of things. Some of the significant inventions are the internet, the aeroplane, lightbulbs, transistors, the cell phone and more.
4. American government controls the entire GPS
The GPS technology is owned and regulated by the US government. The government can shut down the GPS any time. No can oppose it from doing this.
5. A student designs the US flag
The US flag which has 50 stars, was actually designed by Robert G. Heft in the year 1958 during his school time. In 1959, it was adopted by presidential proclamation.
6. New York City was the capital of the US
It may sound unusual, but the capital of the US was New York City. IT served as the capital city from 1785 to 1790. It played a major role in the formation of a new government after the war between the Treaty of Paris ad the British.
7. Americans won most of the medals in Olympic
Americans are indeed quite good at different sports. You can look at their achievements to know more about American’s talent. In fact, among all the countries, it is the US who has cornered the most medals in Olympic. Well. Norway has received more medals in the Winter Olympic Games. But by combining both the Winter and Summer Olympic game, the US has more medals than Norway.
8. The country consumes around 18 percent of the world’s total energy
The word’s total energy consumption in the year 2014 was 539 quadrillion Btu- British Thermal Units. In that year, The USA lone used around 98 quadrillion Btu. This is around 18 percent of the world’s total energy consumption level.
9. In 1867, the US purchased Alaska for $7.2 million from Russia
It may sound unbelievable, but in the year 1867, the US purchased Alaska by paying two cents for per acre. The total cost of the land was just $ 7.2 million.
10. A country with no official language
English is the national language of the US. But at the federal level, there is no such official language. Besides English, a lot of people use the Spanish language.
11. The US is the perfect place for entrepreneurs
The US is also called as the Land of Opportunity. That’s why it houses a large number of entrepreneurs. It can be said that everything is possible in the US.
12. The biggest economy in the world
The US’s economy is around 25 percent of the world’s GDP. Some of the significant factors behind this are massive population, lower level of unemployment, high incomes, better consumer spending and technological innovation.
13. The first country to set foot on the moon
The US is the world’s first country to set foot on the moon. NASA, the government-run space research organisation, has ranked No.1 in space exploration.
14. Americans enjoy the best passport in the world
Americans can indeed travel any part of the world. In fact, American can enter into 160 countries without any visa. So, they enjoy the world’s best passport.
15. A country that respects Freedom of Speech and Expression
The US is the Land of the free and its citizens have the right to speak freely in print or press.
5 X FUN FACTS ABOUT THE USA AND AMERICANS
- 27% of the Americans believe that the moon landing was fake
- Christmas was illegal in the USA until 1836 as it was considered an ancient pagan holiday
- There’s an official Rock Paper Scissors league
- An average American eats 35 tons of food in a lifetime
- 60% of Americans order takeout or delivery food at least once a week
GENERAL FACTS ABOUT AMERICA (USA)
Total Population: 326,681,307
Highest Mountain: Denali – 6190 meters.
Land area: 3,796,742 sqm
Biggest Lake: Lake Superior.
National Day: 4th July.
Government: Federal presidential constitutional republic.
President: Donald J. Trump
Currency: U.S. Dollars (USD).
Official language: No official language, but English and Spanish are the two most spoken languages.
Member of Nato: Yes.
National song: “The Star-Spangled Banner“
Time zone: (UTC−4 to −12, +10, +11)
Country Number/Prefix: +1
Capital: Washington D.C.