Fruit skewers are known as the healthiest food on the stick. Every food lover must be aware of this popular fruit snack. All it includes is lots and lots of fruits that are healthy and tempting.
Fruits are simply cit into equal dices and threaded onto wooden sticks to serve. There can be grapes, melons, strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, kiwis and pineapple. Served as an appetizer or snacks, fresh fruit skewers can fill your garden party with so much color.
The easy to make snacks are extremely healthy as well.
Benefits of Fruit skewers
Read on to know how this appetizer is beneficial for your health:
- Rich in Vitamins: Fruits are a good source of vitamins. Therefore, the skewers are also rich in the nutrient. Different foods compensate for different vitamins including Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin E. The nutrient plays a vital role in many functions of the body.
- Boost Immunity: Since fruits serve you with an ample dose of Vitamin C, they boost your immune system as well. An immunity boost helps in maintaining your overall health.
- Keeps your skin healthy: Fruits are the biggest source of Vitamin E which nourishes your skin. The nutrient helps in getting rid of skin issues like inflammation, eczema or acne. The high water content of the fruits hydrates your skin and infuse a glow in it. On the whole, it can be a natural skin treatment for you.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease: Fruits are free from fats and performs the function of optimizing the blood flow in arteries. Consuming fresh fruit skewers daily decreases the chances of cardiovascular diseases and strokes. Better flow of blood means more oxygen to the brain as well.
- Helps in relieving stress: You will be surprised to know that consuming fruits help in relieving stress. The beautiful colors of the fruits bring and calm and make you feel happy. You can try it yourself. Fruit skewers served in a garden party makes every face happy. You get the mindful thoughts and feel free of stress.
- Anti-oxidant: Fruits are a fun source of anti-oxidants. They save our body from the bad effect free radicals present in the environment. Moreover, they play an important role in reducing the early signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. The people who consume more fruits look young, vibrant and shining.
- Rich in minerals: Fruits are the richest sources of minerals. However, the mineral content of different fruits vary. Eating fruits are the most natural way of inducing minerals in your body. It improves your metabolism, helps your body develop and evolve.
- Improves digestion: Being rich in fiber, fruits play an important role in improving your digestion. They optimize your internal digestion so that the food can easily be converted into energy. Foods help in nutrition absorption and eliminating extra fat from the body. Fruits don’t let you gain weight as well.
Make sure to serve the fruits fresh. If you have planned to store them or prepared them a few hours before the party, don’t use fruits that turn brown quickly.