Are you in Weber County or surrounding Utah areas and have an unwanted property you need to sell? Are you behind on mortgage payments, dealing with structural or storm damage, or needing to relocate due to work or familial circumstances? Whatever your situation, you need to be informed of your options before sticking a “for sale” sign in your front yard.
Know the Ways You Can Sell An Unwanted House
Listing a house on the market through a real estate agent is not the fastest way to sell. When homes are listed traditionally, you must take a few steps to increase the likelihood of closing a sale. However, when you need to sell an unwanted home fast, some of these steps may cost you too much time and money.
- Before listing, you often have to prepare the unwanted property for purchase by repairing any damage in the home. You may have structural damage, like a structurally deficient roof or problems with the foundation, which can be very costly to fix. Buyers on the open market typically want to inspect the property before closing when even further issues with the home are revealed.
- Along with making repairs, you often have to deal with making the house aesthetically pleasing. If your house looks “lived in,” your realtor will ask you to stage the property to look as nice as possible to sway prospective buyers. Not only is deep cleaning time-consuming, but it’s also costly to use professionals.
Preparing for Open Houses
- Once your house has been properly cleaned, staged, and repaired, your realtor will suggest you hold an open house for prospective buyers to see it. You may have to repeat the process if your first open house doesn’t yield any interested buyers. When time is of the essence, and you need to sell an unwanted home fast, this process becomes a hassle.
- If someone wants to buy your property, you’ll have to pay closing costs, which can run hundred to thousands of dollars. If you’re struggling with financial issues, the last hassle you want to manage is incurring more expenses during the house sale process.
Paying Realtor Fees
- Along with paying closing costs, you will also owe a commission payment to your real estate agent. The commission is typically 6% of the home sales price. Depending on your house’s sales price, that dollar amount could cost you another several hundred to thousands of dollars.
No Obligation Cash Offer: Another Solution
Before you head to Google “how to sell unwanted home fast Weber County” and call the first real estate agent you find, you should know there’s another option to sell your unwanted home. You can sell your house fast for cash — much faster than the traditional listing process on the market.
Benefits of Getting a Fair Cash Offer
Sell your House Fast in Utah
- Reputable cash home buyers will make you a guaranteed offer on your property, meaning you can accept your offer and walk away with a check in as little as a week. Don’t waste time waiting for an offer on the open market. A cash buyer can work quickly. They’ll typically work with a local title company to ensure you have available funds on the closing date.
Sell Your Unwanted Weber County Home “As is.”
- When you sell your house as is, you are not required to do any maintenance, repairs, or cleaning. Instead of wasting precious resources like time and money on preparing your property for open houses, you can show it once: to a cash home buyer during the evaluation. A cash buyer will even buy houses with damage or foreclosure.
Pay No Fees
- If there’s no realtor, there are no fees. You cut out the middleman when you sell to a real estate investor like a cash buyer. They handle the closing costs, and you won’t pay a dime in commission. Their goal is to make selling your unwanted home a stress-free, simple process.
Work On Your Time Frame: Close Fast
- Cash buyers will often let you choose your closing date. The process can take as little as a week, from initial evaluation to closing. However, if, for some reason, you need to stay in the property a little longer, most investors will let you choose a time frame that works best for you. Some will let you stay in the house for up to another month after closing.
Accepting Your Fair Cash Offer
Save time, money, and energy when selling your unwanted home. Take a fast, fair cash offer from a reputable Utah property buyer. When you say, “I need to sell my unwanted house fast,” what you need is to sell for cash.
Most reputable buyers will have you fill out a short form online. Based on the information provided, like your property address, they’ll make a plan to evaluate your home and then make a guaranteed, no-obligation cash offer.